Boone Callaway has been a personal injury lawyer and medical malpractice litigator since 1988. Over the years Boone has developed expertise in complex medical issues involving both injuries and doctor’s errors.
Boone has tried numerous personal injury and medical malpractice cases to juries, judges, and arbitrators in the Bay Area. Boone has also been profiled in the Daily Journal in 2021 and in Plaintiff Magazine in 2018.
- $5.25 million for the family of a 69-year-old woman who was fatally injured when she was hit by a bus while crossing the street in Albany.
- A bicyclist hit by a street sweeper who received a $4.7 million dollar settlement.
- $1.2 million for a San Francisco motorcyclist who sustained a mild traumatic brain injury after being hit from behind, but had no loss of consciousness, and was able to push his motorcycle to the curb and take an Uber home from the scene.
- $800,000 for a woman who tripped and fell, sustaining a badly broken ankle, while protecting her dog from an unleashed dog which attacked it as she walked in Oakland.
- A woman who received an arbitration award for the legal maximum pain and suffering damages in a medical malpractice case—$250,000—due to a negligent gynecological procedure.
- A pedestrian who received a $352,000 verdict against the City of San Francisco.
- A pedestrian who sustained a badly broken leg when he was struck by a car, and received $500,000.
- $450,000 for a woman whose leg was broken when she was knocked down by a doorman at her apartment building.
- A mother and daughter who received a $2.675 million settlement for the death of their husband and father, who was misdiagnosed in an emergency room.
In the News:
- NBC Bay Area: Justice Delayed for Months by Slow Police Response to Public Records Requests
- Daily Journal: San Francisco Trial Lawyers group installs a new president
- Multiple News Outlets: 10-Year-Old Boy Sues Man For Killing His Father On Mother’s Day
- NBC Bay Area: California Medical Malpractice Laws Prove Fertile Ground for Political Fight
Accolades & Awards
Mr. Callaway is one of only a few personal injury litigators in San Francisco who is a Super Lawyer (which is awarded to less than 5% of all eligible candidates), AV Rated (which less than 10% of attorneys earn) and is also a member of ABOTA – American Board of Trial Advocates (which is an exclusive group of less than 8,000 trial lawyers nationwide). This makes Mr. Callaway one of the very few attorneys in the Bay Area to have achieved three of the highest & most prestigious honors in the legal profession.
Additionally, Mr. Callaway held the distinct honor of having been the 2021 President of the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association (SFTLA), which has promoted civil justice through education and trial advocacy for over 50 years (read more).
Mr. Callaway is an alumnus of the University of Texas at Austin, where he majored in Philosophy. He attended law school at the University of Missouri-Columbia, and has been a member of the California Bar since 1986 and a principal at Callaway & Wolf since 1995. Prior to his personal injury practice, Boone handled real estate and business dispute trials, gaining a rounded exposure to litigation practice. Boone has served as a Board Member and President of the Board of Maitri Hospice, and as a Board Member of the Institute on Aging.
Boone currently serves on the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, where he co-chairs the Diversity Committee. He is proud of his work taking on the big insurance companies and other defendants to help his clients. Knowing that a wrong has been righted is a major source of career satisfaction for him.
- Limits on California Medical Malpractice Increases in 2023
- Using the Mini Opening Statement for Jury Selection
- California Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury