Boone Callaway has been a personal injury lawyer and medical malpractice litigator since 1988. Over the years Boone has developed expertise in complex medical issues involving both injuries and doctor’s errors. Boone has tried numerous personal injury and medical malpractice cases to juries, judges, and arbitrators in the Bay Area. Boone represents injured people. Some of his notable recent cases have included:
- A bicyclist hit by a street sweeper who received a $4.7 million dollar settlement
- A woman who received an arbitration award for the legal maximum pain and suffering damages in a medical malpractice case—$250,000—due to a negligent gynecological procedure
- A pedestrian who received a $352,000 verdict against the City of San Francisco
- A pedestrian who sustained a badly broken leg when he was struck by a car, and received $500,000
- $450,000 for a woman whose leg was broken when she was knocked down by a doorman at her apartment building
- A mother and daughter who received a $2.675 million settlement for the death of their husband and father, who was misdiagnosed in an emergency room
Mr. Callaway is one of only a few personal injury litigators in San Francisco who is a Super Lawyer (which is awarded to less than 5% of all eligible candidates), AV Rated (which less than 10% of attorneys earn) and is also a member of ABOTA – American Board of Trial Advocates (which is an exclusive group of less than 8,000 trial lawyers nationwide). This makes Mr. Callaway one of the very few attorneys in the Bay Area to have achieved three of the highest & most prestigious honors in the legal profession.
Mr. Callaway is an alumnus of the University of Texas at Austin, where he majored in Philosophy. He attended law school at the University of Missouri-Columbia, and has been a member of the California Bar since 1986 and a principal at Callaway & Wolf since 1995. Prior to his personal injury practice, Boone handled real estate and business dispute trials, gaining a rounded exposure to litigation practice. Boone has served as a Board Member and President of the Board of Maitri Hospice, and as a Board Member of the Institute on Aging. Boone currently serves on the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, where he co-chairs the Diversity Committee. He is proud of his work taking on the big insurance companies and other defendants to help his clients. Knowing that a wrong has been righted is a major source of career satisfaction for him.
In his life outside work, Boone enjoys downhill and cross-country skiing, biking, and hiking. Boone was recently profiled in Plaintiff Magazine.