Award Winning Oakland Personal Injury Lawyer
Callaway & Wolf is a personal injury law firm serving Oakland, CA and has been working with clients in the Bay Area for over 20 years. Our highly experienced team of Oakland injury lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for clients throughout the Bay Area, making them the injury attorneys that are referred by other lawyers and judges.
Attorney Boone Callaway is both AV Rated and a Super Lawyer, two of the highest respected honors that a lawyer can earn based on recommendations from other lawyers and judges. Fewer than 5% of all attorneys achieve even one of these designations. Additionally, Mr. Callaway has been accepted as a member of ABOTA – the American Board of Trial Advocates (which is an exclusive, invitation-only group of less than 8,000 trial lawyers nationwide).
How Can We Help With Your Injury Claim?
If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident or other incident, suffered an injury due to medical negligence or if a family member died as the result of a negligent or irresponsible action we can help recover the maximum compensation you’ll need to move forward. Call us now at 510-603-4988 and schedule a free consultation today to get your questions answered. From the moment you walk through our doors we fight for a settlement that is fair for you, but we prepare to go all the way to trial if necessary. We don’t back down from a fight against insurance companies or opposing attorneys and have the capability to quickly assess your case and make recommendations on how to proceed.
Some of our cases start out with a client who’s tried to negotiate with the insurance companies themselves, but eventually couldn’t get what they needed or get ignored. Once we become their representative, the claims agents and insurance defense lawyers can become very motivated to settle because they know if they delay further they’ll pay far more if we proceed to trial.
Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today by calling 510-603-4988. We’ll try to answer your immediate questions, and tell you what actions you’ll need to take right away.
- $5.25 million for the family of a 69-year-old woman who was fatally injured when she was hit by a bus while crossing the street in Albany.
- A bicyclist hit by a street sweeper who received a $4.7 million dollar settlement.
- $1.2 million for a San Francisco motorcyclist who sustained a mild traumatic brain injury after being hit from behind, but had no loss of consciousness, and was able to push his motorcycle to the curb and take an Uber home from the scene.
- $800,000 for a woman who tripped and fell, sustaining a badly broken ankle, while protecting her dog from an unleashed dog which attacked it as she walked in Oakland.
- A woman who received an arbitration award for the legal maximum pain and suffering damages in a medical malpractice case—$250,000—due to a negligent gynecological procedure.
- A pedestrian who received a $352,000 verdict against the City of San Francisco.
- A pedestrian who sustained a badly broken leg when he was struck by a car, and received $500,000.
- $450,000 for a woman whose leg was broken when she was knocked down by a doorman at her apartment building.
- A mother and daughter who received a $2.675 million settlement for the death of their husband and father, who was misdiagnosed in an emergency room.
We Take a Personal Approach to Personal Injury Cases
As a small personal injury law firm serving Oakland, we take pride in being attorneys who deal directly with our clients. We don’t pass your case around to assistants or paralegals, as happens in larger firms handling hundreds of cases. Our attorney handle your case personally. When you are injured or dealing with the untimely death of a loved one, you need time to heal, not the hassle of paperwork or the stress of appearing in court or haggling with an insurance claims agent. It is important to select experienced injury attorneys with a strong reputation for knowledge of the law, the skill to get things done, as well as persistence to fight for the maximum compensation allowed under the law.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Oakland, CA
Here are some common personal injury cases in which negligence may be involved are:
- Car Accidents
- Bike Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip & Falls
- Dog Bites resulting in injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Negligent Security – Bar fights or failure to protect
“Negligence” means that a defendant failed to act as a reasonable person would have under the same circumstances, or that a property owner or business failed to protect people against a foreseeable accident. Personal injury cases that may contain an element of intentional conduct include assault, battery, fraud, and defamation. These encompass actions so wrongful that punitive damages against the defendant may be warranted. Often plaintiffs allege both negligent and intentional causes of action in their pleadings in those cases where the state of the defendant’s mind is not known.
Is The Insurance Company Giving You the Runaround?
Delay, delay, delay. That’s the common theme of some insurance companies. If you’ve been experiencing unreturned phone calls or emails, failure to recognize your loss, or back and forth with a claims administrator it’s time to put them on notice. You don’t have to put up with this. Callaway & Wolf are highly experienced injury attorneys in Oakland, CA who can get the insurance company to stand up and take notice immediately. In some cases, insurance carriers will only truly negotiate when the trial date is near and your attorney doesn’t flinch. Yet, there are many attorneys who always settle, and the carriers keep track. If you believe you have a case and the insurance company is ignoring you or putting you off, call us now at 510-603-4988.