Top Car Accident Attorneys Serving San Jose, CA
Receive personalized representation and high-quality legal service in your auto accident case.
When a person has been seriously injured in a car accident, the last thing you want to have to worry about is a dispute with the auto insurance company to get fair compensation. For many auto accident victims, it can be very tempting to accept the first settlement offer the insurance claims adjuster presents, just to be able to cover immediate expenses after the accident. Insurance companies are aware of the financial strain typically faced by auto accident victims; therefore, the first settlement offer they present will always be undervalued. They also typically value cases much lower when there is no lawyer for the victim.
How Qualified Legal Representation Can Help
Following an auto accident, seriously injured victims will face mounting medical expenses and the possibility of a loss of income. Depending on the severity of the accident, disability can be a reality for a severely injured person, which can lead to a loss in his or her quality of life. When an insurance company makes a deliberately low settlement offer, the compensation will provide little to no comfort to a person who faces a lifetime of consequences.
The distinguished San Jose car accident lawyers at Callaway & Wolf are committed to ensuring that their clients obtain the maximum amount of compensation available. Driven by compassion and dedication, the firm excels in complex automotive accident cases, including those that involve multiple drivers, limited insurance, and DUIs. Following a motor vehicle collision, it is important to take swift action and seek the legal representation of a top car accident law firm. Schedule a no-obligation consultation with Callaway & Wolf today.
Catastrophic Injuries Typically Caused By Auto Accidents
The Bay Area is notorious for its dangerous traffic, and although drivers in the state have a legal duty to drive responsibly, many auto accidents are the result of reckless driving. According to a traffic information sheet published by the California Office of Traffic Safety, over three thousand people lost their lives in traffic accidents in 2018. While most auto accidents do not result in fatalities, many of them do result in catastrophic injuries, including:
1. Traumatic Brain Injuries – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention defines a traumatic brain injury, which can also be known as MTBI or post-concussive syndrome, as a disruption in the normal functioning of a person’s brain, which can be caused by a jolt, blow, or bump to the head, or even by bodily trauma with no direct head impact. CDC reports that a person with a brain injury can experience long-term medical issues, including concerns in the following areas:
- Balance and coordination, and
- Vision, hearing, speech
A traumatic brain injury has the potential to affect all areas of the injured person’s life, including personal relationships, the ability to retain work, carry out routine household chores, drive, and do other day-to-day activities.
2. Soft Tissue Injuries – Soft tissue injuries are different from puncture wounds, broken bones, or bruises. These are injuries to the nerves, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, discs, and muscles. According to a published report in the Western Journal of Medicine, soft tissue injuries can be difficult to diagnose, even when a physical examination or x-ray is carried out. Prolonging an adequate medical evaluation of the injury can be detrimental to the victim’s recovery.
Depending on the severity of the injury, soft tissue injuries can take a long time to heal. In many cases, physical therapy and rehabilitation will be necessary to ensure the pain is reduced and mobility is regained. In many cases, these injuries are much worse than a broken bone.
3. Spinal Cord Injury – The National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center recently reported that on average, there are about 17,700 new spinal cord cases each year. Spinal cord injuries can often be caused by a broken neck, which is typical in most auto accidents. When there is an injury to the spinal nerves, the signals transmitted from the brain to the rest of the body will be affected. These injuries can affect either motor function, sensation, or both.
Inability to move certain parts of the body can occur following a spinal cord injury. For the most part, the closer the injury is to the skull, the more difficult it will be for a person to feel or move. Spinal cord injuries are categorized in two degrees of severity:
- Complete Injury – These are injuries that are so severe that almost all sensory and motor functions will be lost below the area of the injury.
- Incomplete Injury – These injuries occur when the person can recover some sensory or motor function below the site of injury. It should be noted that there are different degrees of incomplete injuries.
Compensation is Available For Victims of Auto Accidents in San Jose
When an auto accident is caused as a result of another’s negligence, you are entitled to compensation. Establishing a case against the at-fault driver, however, can be a challenging job. At-fault parties and their insurance companies will often extensively dispute the accusations and will do whatever they can to pay the least amount of compensation possible. After a car accident, obtaining legal representation from an experienced car accident attorney is not only recommended, it is often necessary.
Callaway & Wolf is an award-winning law firm, exceptionally experienced in challenging auto accident cases. The firm has built a reputation for personalized legal representation, and they strongly advocate on behalf of their client’s rights. To ensure that you get the maximum compensation is secured following a car accident, consider scheduling a no-obligation consultation with Callaway & Wolf today.
Callaway & Wolf is an award-winning law firm, exceptionally experienced in challenging auto accident cases. The firm has built a reputation for personalized legal representation, and they strongly advocate on behalf of their client’s rights. To ensure that you get the maximum compensation following a car accident, consider scheduling a no-obligation consultation with Callaway & Wolf today.